Friday, July 17, 2020

Politics, TV and Radio. Good By Entertainment...

I have decided to come back and share and not let frustration get in my way. Again, it has been a long time since I have posted anything, and I seem to always blame politics. I do produce a radio show that is all about political opinion and every day someone on the show can really piss me off, but still, I need to let it go... I need to be more focused on something else!

I love TV! I love radio! It used to be so much fun, but now everything I turn on has a political message, pitch or lesson directed at us, even the commercials. So, I made the decision a while ago to stop watching TV and listening to the radio and for the most part try to stick to the Golf Channel, reruns of the Big Bang Theory, the Food Network, (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!), Andrew Zimmern's 'Bizarre Foods' and hopefully soon, baseball on the radio. 


If you have a recommendation please feel free to pass it along. 


This has really helped. I do not watch or listen to anything else, morning news, mid-morning news, afternoon news, late afternoon news, evening news or late night news, late night talk shows, network shows, nothing. I am a new person with a whole new outlook on life!


I get up every morning now and listen to one of my favorite playlists while I work and I am able to stay calm and focused and enjoy the creative part of my job. Since this new daily direction I also have not had to replace the TV in my studio where I work. And come to think of it, I have not had to replace any of the TVs in my home... It is also saving me money! Even the show I produce is off the grid at home. I'm sure that if something goes wrong I will hear about it! 


My focus is going to be kind of in the same light and positive/passive direction KFWB took with there daily 'Good News' half hour every day in the 60's. Nothing that is politics do I want to think about or share and if you can find anything political in the blog it is because you are one of 'them'.

Recently I saw a very cool post on Facebook that made me feel good. I re-posted it on my page but surprisingly only got 11 hits back... not sure why this did not resonate a little more with people, particularly my age group. I will admit, it is positive and passive...... and maybe a little boring but it still makes me feel good!


In light of my new 'non-political' attitude towards life I thought I would post it here as a start. 


Next - Fly Tying in the dark... 


Have a 'Happy Day'



No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment